Extension Fond du Lac County
The mission of the University of Madison – Wisconsin Extension Fond du Lac County is to teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities. Through a partnership with county government, Cooperative Extension faculty and staff bring university resources to the people of Wisconsin. Local educators identify county needs and teach educational programs in the areas of 4-H Youth Development, Family Living, Agriculture and Horticulture, Community Development and Natural Resources.
Areas of Expertise:
- Entrepreneurship education (Going Solo workshops for beginners)
- Organizational development & facilitation assistance to nonprofits, government, and other committees
- Research on the successes and challenges of African-American, Asian, Latino, Native American and immigrant entrepreneurs
- Educational materials on cross-cultural communication, inclusion, and up-to-date demographic information
- Local staff are bilingual in English and Spanish; interpretation and translation services can be provided for program participants in Spanish, Hmong or other languages upon request