The IGNITE! Entrepreneur Grant is an incentive to assist Fond du Lac County entrepreneurs with expenses associated with starting a new business. This can include any type of new business from a brick-and-mortar startup to a new invention. To qualify, an entrepreneur completes an IGNITE! Certification Program in which the entrepreneur completes key milestone or business development steps with the guidance of an IGNITE! Coach. The first fifteen (15) entrepreneurs who become IGNITE! Certified will be eligible for a $2,000 grant to be used to assist in starting their business.
Eligible types of businesses:
– Businesses in development
– Young companies under two years in operation with growth potential
– For-profit businesses
Ineligible types of businesses:
– Multi-level marketing or pyramid businesses
– Not-for-profit businesses
– Other ineligible businesses are in alignment with those defined by the U.S. Small Business Association eligibility requirements – www.sba.gov
Use of Funds
Grant funds can be used for the following types of activities:
– Business equity
– Working capital
– Purchase of furniture, fixture, and equipment (FF&E)
– Businesses must be located within Fond du Lac County
– Individuals or entities that are delinquent in any form of public payment to national, state, or local government agencies are not eligible to receive grant funds
– Entrepreneurs must complete the IGNITE! Certification Program by December 1, 2017 to be eligible for grant funds
– At the conclusion of the IGNITE! Certification Program, the entrepreneur will be required to attend a meeting with the IGNITE! Steering Committee to ensure completion of the program. Entrepreneurs must act in good faith, with the full intent of moving forward with the business startup
– Entrepreneurs will receive a check for $2,000 in their business name to be used for startup related expenses. Businesses receiving the $2,000 grant will receive follow-ups and site visits from IGNITE! representatives within the first year to review benchmarks and need for additional assistance
To Get Started
– For more information on IGNITE! or to get started on your IGNITE! Certification and become eligible to receive a $2,000 grant, complete the Get Started form.
– For any questions related to the IGNITE! Entrepreneur Grant, please contact Amy Hansen at 920-322-2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.